An air purifier is a handy tool to clean up the air. It gives you the possibility of making any room free of bacteria. It also helps you combat the problems of excess moisture.
Surely, you have heard about air purifiers. In this article, we will see how to choose an air purifier and what an air purifier is for, and our personal recommendation after testing various air purifier ourselves.
What is an air purifier?
People suffering from respiratory problems, such as allergies or asthma, or really anyone. That is why, they should live in an environment with favorable conditions. The criteria such as ideal temperature and free of allergen contamination. Moreover, since we spend too much time indoors, it is necessary to opt for a good air purifier, to remove dirt from the environment. This gives you, at least, a better quality of life. Therefore, it is essential that we analyze how to choose an air purifier.
How to choose an air purifier
If you read this article till the end, you will find our personal recommendation for the best air purifier. Here are 10 factors that influence when choosing an air purifier, so you know which one best suits your needs as a consumer.
- Empty/cleaning capacity: it is essential to keep in mind the maximum size (surface or volume) of the room to be cleaned. It is not the same to mop a floor of 40 meters than 90. So we must take a note of the cleaning capacity of the air purifier that we choose.
- Dimension: Another factor to consider is the dimension. The bigger, the more work capacity they have. This is very related to the previous point, but it is vital that you take into account the dimension in case it affects the decoration or comfort in the transfer. Did you know that there are air purifiers over 80 cm high? Not suitable for houses of 40 square meters that have everything as a Tetris. You will have to make a balance between the “ideal dimension” for your home.
- Power: Another factor to keep in mind about how to choose an air purifier is a power. The more power -> faster will clean the room. You will have to shuffle what you are looking for, since the higher the power, the greater the consumption of light at that moment. However, if you want it to be fast and efficient, take it with more power.
- Speed: as in everything, speed matters, and air purifiers have different speeds of operation. We usually have the typical night mode, turbo, and standard modes, based on the speed you need, which does not always have to be the same. If your house has been closed for a long time and without purifying. It is ideal that you apply the most intense one. To give you an idea, with turbo mode you can maximize your performance and filter air as quickly as possible. Moreover, the night mode does not make any noise (or rather, the minimum possible noise). The mode depends on the rush or the hours.
- Noise: it is also essential to take into account the noise emitted by air purifiers. As with vacuum cleaners, some are quieter, and others make much more noise. Depending on what you are looking for, you will have to buy one or the other. The air purifiers “that do not make noise” usually do not go below 30 decibels, a small amount but for you to take it into account. If you have it connected while you sleep, you will hear something, because no matter how little noise you make, you will always hear a little. Night mode does not eliminate it.
- Filter: it is essential that the filter is good. At the moment there is not much variety, but we do recommend buying the HEPA filter which is not the same as “HEPA type.” Be careful, because even if it is similar, the first one that we recommend meets the standards and is effective at 99.97%. Look when you buy your air purifier that indicates that the filter is High-Efficiency Particulate Air.
- Active carbon layer: this layer is responsible for removing the odoriferous particles. The carbon is treated with oxygen and causes pores to open in the atoms. This makes the smells and pollutants disappear from the environment. Therefore, it is essential to have this layer in the air purifier you buy. You should buy it depends on what you need and the budget you have.
- Ionizing function: some low-end do not have this function, but it is essential and is present in most air purifiers. It is responsible for emanating negative charge ions that are attached to positive particles, which are the most harmful to the health of people (more specifically the small ones), so with this, they will disappear from the house.
- Programming: not all air purifiers allow to be programmed, so if this is very important for you, you will have to take it into account before going through the box and get your own. It is useful if you want to leave it on at certain times of the day, to find the house clean when you get home. This way, you can even turn on and off when you decide, in advance. It is essential to have this function if you are going to use it.
- Autonomy: this feature corresponds to the high-end air purifiers. What it does, is that the section works independently. If you want it, you’re going to have to go through the cash because it’s expensive. They are even capable of measuring the dirt in the environment.
Now, you understand a good purifier criteria. I bet you no longer have doubts on how to choose an air purifier, don’t you? Below, we have shortlisted the latest and the best 5 air purifier you can find on Amazon in 2019. We have personally tested these tools and we believe that you will like it. Let’s begin!
- MEDIFY MA-112 MEDICAL GRADE TRUE HEPA H13
- LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier for Home with True HEPA
- Inofia Air Purifier with True HEPA Air Filter
- LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifier for Home with True HEPA
- GermGuardian AC5250PT 3n1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13
As of today, this purifier has the highest CADR coverage (950) on its class. Not to mention, it has dual air intake to double the filtration process.
This is suitable for those looking for quality air purifiers with the best price on Amazon. It also has a touch screen panel, 4 fans, sleep mode feature, and child lock.
LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier for Home with True HEPA
When we talk about quality domestic purifiers, one of our references will always be the Levoit LV-H132 purifier. This air cleaner is one of the most compact and efficient since it can filter at 360 ° using several high-quality HEPA filters. All with effectiveness of 99.97%.
Thanks to these filters, you can capture small particles up to 0.2 microns, in any of its 3 speeds. It comes with a set of lights for your night mode. You can use it practically and comfortably in the office or the bedroom because of its comfortable size.
The domestic air purifier Levoit LV-H132 has an approximate power of 25 W. That is, this allows the air cleaner to filter and cool the air in the rooms efficiently.
Inofia Air Purifier with True HEPA Air Filter
Inofia Air Purifier is perfect for home and office. It has 2 filters (like most of the purifiers on the market). The effectiveness works well for space up to 1056sq.ft. It can capture various particles like bacteria, micro dust, and more effortlessly. The price is affordable too
LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifier for Home with True HEPA
This air purifier is one of the top 10 in the market for its quality-price ratio. Their measurements are perfectly integrated with any place in our house. They are only 18.3 x 36.8 x 46.99 cm.
Area of action is 30 square meters, very sufficient for the usual workspaces.Its weight is 5 kg, which will make it very easy to exchange it in the same house, it is an acceptable weight for a person under normal conditions
The noise level is average. Yes, the speed of the fan is noticeable if the air is contaminated, because it exerts greater speed, being able to reach up to 52 dB, but with its efficiency of treating 230 cubic meters of air per hour, it ends very soon to have the speed to stop, so in a short time you will not feel that you are working.
The package includes a filter and the manual that contains several languages, including Spanish.
To sleep you will not feel it, in sleep mode, it only generates about 20 DB
GermGuardian AC5250PT 3n1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
If you have allergies, then this purifiers will make your day better. It can capture 99.97% known allergens such as pet dander, micro dust, and pollen. Interestingly, it has a charcoal filter that can reduce common odors from pets, smokes, evaporated oil from cooking, and wildfire smoke.
So, what do you think the best purifier you can have this year? Let us know in the comment below!